Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If You Don't Play the SIMS Games Religiously, You Will Never Understand

I have played the Sims games since waaaaaaaay back when Sims 1 first came out. I have owned every single expansion pack and watched our computer animated friends evolve into the Sims 2. I also owned every expansion pack and played (on average) about 8-10 hours a week (sometimes more if Evel wasn't around for the weekend). So in keeping with trends, I began playing Sims3 when it was released. I love it.

The problem is that I have all of my Sims2 games and neighborhoods still saved on my computer. With adding Sims3, it got slow. I'm talking like an old lady crossing the street slow. My old dinosaur desktop just could not handle it anymore and since Evel and Tink like to play online games, this was unacceptable. Evel couldn't get his monster truck to jump cars and Tink couldn't buy clothes for the naked bear that she built at a certain workshop.

So last night, I finally did it. I deleted all of my Sims2 games. This included the families that lived in the games. It included the family that was named after us (and the strip club that they owned) that I had played since I installed the first Sims2 game in 2007 (the strip club custom content mods came later). I was on something like the 21st generation. I swear it feels like I bonded with these little computer generated beings and I feel like I betrayed them by wiping them off of my hard drive and out of my life. It's pathetic awful. 

I would find myself making decisions for them based on decisions that I would make in my life. Each generation had 3 kids and the best looking one got to be the heir or heiress to the entire family fortune. I then took an excruciating amount of time to find that person the best looking mate possible to ensure that our bloodline continued with only the best of breeding. It was awful. I am so ashamed (*sob*).

I quit playing after the last heiress to my family had 3 redheaded children (because of her friend from work visiting, me having "Lizz Love's Water Bed of Love" installed and my desire to make a sandwich while motives were set to static. Autonomous Woo-Hoo definitely backfired here). They were all ugly and I just couldn't bear to continue the family at that time. I abandoned them. Then I deleted them without even a good-bye.

But in turn, I did make my children extremely happy by doing this (even though I rarely see them because their faces are glued to the computer screen as much as mine is now). But I still have all of my discs so maybe someday when I'm bored with Sims3 and I'm feeling nostalgic, I can recreate the joy that we once shared. Or maybe I'll actually decide to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment