Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nutt's Big Debut on MSAD

I'm a little late with this one, but Monday, January 24, 2011 was the first ever Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day. On Tuesday, the local paper ran an article about Nutt and how Moebius Syndrome has affected him and our family. I was really happy with how it turned out. The writer represented everything and everyone accurately (except she said that I got emotional. I do not have emotions. I am a rock).
So now you know Nutt's and our real names. Woo! But this is something that I want to educate EVERYONE about and if I must reveal our secret identities, then so be it. If this blog gets even one more person to check out even one of the Moebius websites, then that's one more person that knows the challenges that people with Moebius Syndrome face every single day.

There was also an article about him in the Winter edition of Capabilities e-zine:
 Capabilities/Central Penn Parent Article on Moebius Syndrome and Nutt

And I must say that I am extremely happy with the amount of people that showed their support for the Moebius Syndrome community on the first EVER Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day (1/24/11), whether it was by wearing purple, handing out fliers or even something as simple as adding a MS twibbon to your facebook profile picture. Thank you all so much!

Here are a few articles that also celebrated MSAD:
Doctors Closer to Helping Flintshire Boy Who Can't Smile
Chloe's Story (She's SUCH a cutie pie!)
Attack of the Redneck Mommy: Beautiful Babies, Ugly Adults (funny, but a tear jerker in the same)
Cassie's Story
Kerri-Anne: MSN-AU Video about Jack's Smile That He Wears on the Inside
Kelsey's Story (with video)

I'm sure there are more that I missed.
Here are the photo galleries from MSAD:
MSAD Gallery 1
MSAD Gallery 2
MSAD Gallery 3
MSAD Gallery 4

So as you can see, it was a pretty festive day. We didn't really do much as far as going out, but I think my campaign to drive my friends and family nuts on Facebook worked out fairly well to spread awareness. I'm also glad I remembered to make the twibbon that I wanted to make weeks ago. Hard to believe that I would procrastinate on something...

For more information on Moebius Syndrome or to connect with our community, please follow the links below:
The Moebius Syndrome Foundation
The Many Faces of Moebius Syndrome
The Moebius Research Trust
Moebius Friends Facebook Group
January 24th For Moebius Syndrome Cause Page on Facebook
Still I Can't Be Silent (A blog by Natalie Abott, who has Moebius Syndrome
Moebius Musings (A blog by Kevin Smant, diagnosed with Moebius Syndrome)
Moebius Syndrome and the Medical Maze (A blog by Emily Calhoon, mother to a child with Moebius)

No comments:

Post a Comment