Saturday, October 16, 2010

He Did It!! The Nutt Cracked!! (and Punkin' Pickin' Day '10)

A smile that is!!

I have never been this happy in my life! We had Punkin' Pickin' Day today where we all go out and pick the pumpkins that we are going to stab, gut and carve to bits. We got the pumpkins, came back home and we were setting up the table to carve them when IT HAPPENED!

Nutt was in his car seat and Big Daddy was talking to him and all of the sudden, his face lit up and he smiled!

Well, it's kind of an open-mouthed smirk since he can't lift the one side of his face but it is beautiful! I cried like a baby. We must have spent an hour trying to get him to do it again so I could take pictures. I just cannot believe that it happened. I had prepared myself for him to be pretty much expressionless for his entire life when BAM, out of nowhere, this happened.

Thank you to God, Goddess, WHOEVER gave him the ability to do this. I will have pictures up in a little while (after I add the googly eyes so you can't track him down and steal him since he's so freaking adorable).

Gotta go. I have more smiles to see!

Okay, so this is the only NON-GOOGLY picture you'll ever see of this little guy, since he cuteness should only be viewed at half-power (it may overwhelm some viewers at full on adorable).

It was the only way to show the expression. The googly eyes hid the crinkle of the left eye to show that it is, in fact, a beautiful smile!





And here are the other pic from Punkin' Pickin' Day '10...



Tink and Evel looking for pumpkins. Well, Tink was looking...Evel was begging us to buy this squash because it looked like "one of those birds that poop all over the place down by the river." That would be a goose, Evel.












Tink found her pumpkin!















Tink lifting a gigantic pumpkin that weighed more than her. When I asked her why she did it, she told me it was because, "she wanted to show Evel who was boss."









Nutt didn't seem too enthused. Maybe next year...
















After this picture, I told Evel to hurry up and find a pumpkin to which he replied, "Well if someone didn't have me stop looking to take a bunch of stupid pictures, I would be done."

I honestly do not know where he gets this sarcastic personality...












I don't know what is going on here...I just think Nutt looks hilarious with aviators on his eyes.










It appears that he's already perfected the "I hate you, mom" face. It took Evel until he was AT LEAST 6 or 7 to do that.









Ah, so the 2 on the camera timer means "2 seconds to move your ass to where it belongs."











There's my beautiful family!
(And our unofficial mascot...a can of Natty Light)












Big Daddy helping his damsel in distress.















Evel carving away
















Since I can beat him, I just smash pumpkin in his face











Up to our elbows in pumpkin guts











The finished products










Happy Halloween!










Evel's costume...
that he's wearing to school.

It was great going to Wal-Mart with Evel and asking an associate for where I could find a pink tutu for my son.













And finally, Batboy. Yet again, behind the shades is the "I hate you mom" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment