Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Couple of Reasons My Son is the Most Awesome Kid Alive

This is a repost from January 2007 because any shyness that plagued my son has since be shredded to pieces by the boisterous, loudmouth that now lives in my home. He has no problem sharing his opinions, "creatively."


Another Couple of Reasons My Son is the Most Awesome Kid Alive

For those of you that really know my son, you know he can be a real goofball sometimes and super shy at other times. His teacher told me he was having trouble when they did creative writing because he didn't express himself enough. So me being the super mom I am told him to write about the first thing that came to his mind on the topic of the day. I have a problem with just blurting out stupid shit when it pops into my head, so this probably was not the best advice. This is what I find in his book bag today, spelled exactly the same. The best are the teachers little comments on the bottom. God, I love my son.

Number One:
At the top of this one is a crudely drawn picture of a school and a kid walking away from it with a book bag on. It read:
"There are many things I want to do in 2007. This year, I would like to cwit school."
Teachers Comment: Why do you want to do this?
Mom's Note: Notice the spelling of quit? I don't think he's ready to "cwit" just yet.

Number Two:
"I think a penguin would not be a good pet. It can take a crap on your bathtub. It's farts are silent but dedly."
Teachers Comment: Oh my! Is this a good 2nd grade topic?
Mom's Comment: I laughed until mascara ran down my face and told him it's great he's expressing his thoughts. People need shock therapy these days.

Yeah, there's no denying he's mine. But the beautiful thing, he got a perfect score on the four aspects of the writing. Ahhh, the things that come from the mouths of babes..

No comments:

Post a Comment